Monday, September 14, 2009

Just feeling a little blessed (very random)

I feel the need to type and don't know why. I think that sometimes I use this blog as an avenue to share all my wonderful children's updates and adorable photos but never really say what I am just thinking. After all this is MY blog right? ;) I'm not sure what I really want to say other than how blessed I have felt lately. I have been feeling overwhelmed and somewhat on overload these last couple of weeks, but that's ok. I feel like sometimes there really isn't any thing I can't truly handle. We've had a busy few weeks getting the kids back to school and establishing a routine. I think part of my feeling to journal my thoughts is that maybe it's because of this routine, I am feeling very blessed at the moment that we have a routine. Grayson goes to a Head Start preschool for kids with either a learning disability or a demographic need. Many of these children are bussed in to school and are fed, what may be their best meal of the day. My son is dropped off in his parents nice vehicle, with is name brand shoes, a matching outfit and more gel in his hair than a kid should have in a month! ;) I am so blessed. We are so blessed. I feel like sometimes I have to much and then I find myself wanting more. I feel like I am humble but am I really. I organized my food storage (if that's what you call it) the other day and realized I am a Mormon who hates to cook! I was raised by wonderful people who possessed all these great kitchen skills, and I could give a crap. I have a family to feed but would rather paint a wall than prepare a meal. ughh What is wrong with me? Oh wait, I know....I was spoiled growing up. (Not that I am complaining about that, umkayyyy). It's just that I really want to start instilling those lessons of provident living into my children and I am still learning them myself. But I am so blessed. I have a wonderful husband who lord knows how I snatched him up. We made beautiful children who are the pure bread of each of us.....to a T! I am so blessed to have my children. I hate the fact that I have a 78 story home, ok well maybe a 3 story home and really want a different one, but am told every time someone comes into our home for the first time, how beautiful it is. This humbles me, I need to be more appreciative! I am so blessed for my warm safe loving home, that has a different color on every wall, but am still always thinking of ways to make it better. Did I mention I like to paint? I am so excited to be playing Volleyball next week in a rec league. I am praying I don't go into cardiac arrest on the gym floor! That wouldn't be good. I still can't believe John is getting married! I am SOOOO HAPPY for them. I am blessed with awesome friends! Lauren told me if you push really hard on the toilet the poop will come out. Grayson said if you close your eyes it will come out to. I am so blessed to have children who are hysterical enough to come up with this stuff! I am so thankful for a husband who is as horny as I am, all the time. Did I just say that, oh wait, I think I just did. Cause I CAN! My OCD is getting better although it goes in spurts. And right now I really want to vacuum upstairs but it's 10:40pm and I need to go finish spray painting frames in the garage for the twins 4th bday. Although I really want to go lay in bed with my husband who has been monitoring his fantasy football league all day now! We will probably watch Will & Grace for a while. As inappropriate as that show is, it's just freakin hilarious! I think I'm done for now. Ok, until next time.

3 comments:

AJ said...

Yes, you are blessed. And yes, I am super excited about volleyball too!

The Wynia Family said...

Sometimes life leaves me with a sense of awe too. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings and good luck at volleyball!

Crazy Eight Bunch said...

I always love what you blog! It makes me smile. So Thanks for the all the smiles!