Here is the short version of the story........
We received at call 4 weeks ago today, Sunday, 12/27, morning at 8:30am that a baby boy was to be born via C section in an hour in Utah and we were chosen to be the parents. What the wha!?!?!? After almost going into cardiac arrest and running in circles, I gained my composure, shared the news with Heath (I almost fell into the door trying to open it as he was in the bathroom - ewww) and frantically started to pack our family up for the trip. No matter how long you prepare for something like this, you are never really prepared. We have waited so long and had so many close calls, you just never know when it's really going to happen.
So after telling all the kids and grandma Marlene who was here for the holidays, an hour later we received another call that there was a "problem". UH HUH!!! My heart literally skipped a beat.....(which is no big deal cause I have extra beats according to my cardiologist anyway - ha). I seriously thought the birth mother had changed her mind or Heath thought it was twins! Well to everyone's surprise, the baby boy came out a GIRL! :) Uh yea, that's NOT A PROBLEM! We sooooo didn't care and as fast as we could, we scurried around the house for the next 3 hours to get everything ready and by 12:30pm we were in the car for our 8 hour drive with no idea of when we would return home. At 9:00pm that night, we were holding our new daughter in our arms. I'm still pinching myself.
MACY ALIDA MORBY / 5 lbs 13 oz / 17 1/2 in long / born 12/27/09 @ 9:55am
Macy was born a month early (Fri 1/22 was her original due date), but she is such a strong healthy little princess doing great! At her 2 week check up she had gained all her weight back she lost in the hospital and was up to 6lbs 8 oz. She is such a sweet good natured baby and has brought so much to this family. We feel like we are not busier, but BETTER! Macy is truly a miracle from Heaven.
I have attached the following link so that you can view Macy's baby pics that were taken by a photographer in the hospital when she was 2 days old. Macy also has a 2 year old sister that we met named Ka-Maya. She is beautiful and I have no doubt will resemble her sister very much.
http://www.bellababyphotography.com/
once you get to this website, click on the middle box "view photos" and then enter "1227macymorby" and enjoy!
We look forward to sharing our new bundle of joy with all our friends and family and are so thankful for everyone's support.
Here is her birth announcement, and a few pics from this past week. She is already filling out so well and before long will be out of her new born clothes. She is our little chocolate princess!

2 comments:
Congratulations on your very sweet new addition to the family! Macy is so adorable and I am so happy for you guys! I will totally just make you some (free)neck ties, if you would just send me the material.(I have a hard time finding cute material here in Sac) I know you're probably crazy busy so just e-mail me when you have a chance and we could figure it out. carda24@hotmail.com
She has changed so much in just one week! So glad she is yours. And I am stoked for my little vanilla princess to be besties with your little chocolate princess. They'll be having playdates before we know it. Congrats again!
Post a Comment