Sunday, March 16, 2008

Let's get crafty!

So we have had a super busy week. Lots of church meetings, appointments here and there and of course our annual Daddy/Daughter activity Friday night. Myself along with a very wonderful Gail Glenn put this years annual activity on and it was a blast! Here is a pic with all the dads and their daughters! I absolutely love this calling and have such a great time doing all these wonderful things for the girls! And of course we had a blast this year, as usual! :)


So I had a lot of crafts I have been making this week. Mostly for my activity day girls and their "spotlight" bags. I was pretty proud of myself as I made 16 of the stinkin cutest bags. Our spotlight theme this year is ladybugs. So I got these cute denim and canvas bags, sewed either ribbon or pom pom tassels around the the top of the bag and then embellished it with lady bug iron on's or cute flowers! Man I must say they turned out quite cute! Here is a pic of the bags.


So since I was on a craft roll this week, I went ahead and decided to make aprons for all the kids. Well I bought aprons and then we decorated them. Here is a pic of the kids in all their aprons and of course we can't ignore naked Grayson in my dress shoes.

Here are some other pics of Lauren from earlier on in the week modeling her apron and new denim bag we made. Thought it might come in handy on the trip to Sacramento this weekend.

One of the more dramatic things I have done this year so far is that I recently chopped my hair off! Yes that was pretty emotional for me but I needed a change. I had my hair stylist take a good 6 inches off and now I have shoulder length hair with the style of a bob - yea I said a bob and still can't believe it myself, either can Heath. This is by far the shortest my hair has ever been with the exception of 6th grade! ha Anyway the reason I haven't posted any pics is because it's taken my hair dresser 3 weeks now to not have me look like carrot top! I asked for an all over blonde, just to spruce up what I already had.....well with the wonderful addition of some new medicine from my doctor.....my hair has decided that blonde means red! ugh huh! So after our night out with the girls and 50 pics later where I noticed that my head was reder than a firetruck, I went back and said we have to do something about this. Our next round attempted to lighten it yet again, which only made it a strawberry blonde......still not cute on these shoulders. So finally I was left with yet my only last resort - going natural. What's that!?!?! Anyway, she did an all over brown (which I really am anyway) and brought a few highlights through. I love it! Yes I am brunette again (an adjustment for my husband) but all in all it's faaaaar better than that summer "sun in" bleached out over processes french fry of a color I had before. So with all that said....I decided that with this new found hairstyle, I would start wearing cute clips....then after looking at the price per clip realized that I could make these things a heck of a lot cheaper on my own. So that is just what me and the girls did. Bought a bunch of cute scrapbooking daisy's and went to town. Here is the collection we have come up with so far.

So Grayson has noticed his dad wearing his bluetooth quite a bit lately and of course has tried to replicate that by taking a pair of earphones and looping the cord over his ears. It's hysterical! Although this pic doesn't show that here is the kids with their headphones on and nothing plugged into them.

No comments: