Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to me - yep I'm 33!!

Yes today is my 33rd birthday, July 31, 1975! What the mother! Where does the time go? Wasn't I just taking my driving test with Grandpa in Davis, CA the other day in my black Chevy "Eurosport" Celebrity! Yea I said Celebrity! Hey that auto reverse Delco tape deck played MC Hammer awesome and had some great speakers to boot!

So we are in Salt Lake City, Utah and it's about 8am. The family is upstairs asleep in our Family Suite - the Morby's are steppin up ya know.....and I am in the lobby checking our email. Heath's cousin is getting married tomorrow (Fri. 8/1/08) in the Bountiful Temple, and he really wanted to be here to support him. Originally Heath was going to just drive here on Fri and head back on Sat for an easy quick trip. Well since we do nothing easy, we decided to make it a family affair. We really haven't done any family trips this summer anyway, so figured it would be a nice get away before the school year starts.

We drove over yesterday afternoon (Wed) and since today is my birfday - heeyyyy - the most wonderful husband on earth told me I could do anything I wanted today - (actually he said, it would be just like any other day, but whatever) :) Anywhoo, so today we are going shopping!!!! Suprise suprise! First we will go to Layton to visit a store called RodWorks and then off to Odgen to the best store on earth (next to Ikea that is) called the Quilted Bear. (Check it out www.quiltedbear.com) It's a crafters heaven. Once we finished up there, and anywhere else my little heart desires....we are off to North Odgen - Plain City, to visit the most incredible family - The Scotts. They were a family in our ward back in Loveland that moved here about a year ago so that Andrew could take a job for the church. Denise just gave birth to their 8th child - yes I said 8th! She was my Activity Day companion at church and her two oldest daughters were the twins first babysitters. I aspire to be like this woman! They are in incredible family!!!!!!! So we are going to see them this evening and I am SO EXCITED! I just love Denise and her family. We miss them in Loveland dearly.

As a side note, the drive over was pretty good actually. We always get worried that long cars rides will send the kids (well the twins - the girls do great) into tantrum mode! Well they did great to. (Thank you DVD players). Anyway, Lauren is quite the talker now and was very vocal the ENTIRE way here....very excited to be with her big sisters and I quote ("I love my my sissy's and I love my fracky" - fracky = Braxton). About 15 from SLC she said, "mommy I want to go home".... I said we are going to the hotel honey - she said "yea da hopel". Once we walked into the room, she took a big gasp and said "oh mommy, this is beautiful - I love it!" How stinkin cute is that!!!!

Looking forward to a great day and a wonderful birthday with my family. Now I just have to go wake them up, a mothers job is never done (isn't this my day?) ha

Peace out!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you have fun shopping! Are you going to the sealing? What will you do with the kiddos? My sister lives in S. Weber if you need a sitter. I know this might sound crazy, but if you need school clothes for the kids, the DI in Centerville (right next to Bountiful) usually has really great clothes for next to nothing! Bountiful is one of the "wealthier" areas and it is all pretty much name brand. We stocked up there just before we headed back to CO and got 43 items (in perfect condition) for $110. Totally stocked my 5 kids for the summer. If you need directions just give me a call 310-0877. Also, Best Burger (2600 South across from KMart, next door to Wendy's) has the best burgers, shakes and onion rings. It has a drive through but they make everything fresh, so it takes a while. Yum! And please tell the Scotts we said Hi!

Aislinn said...

Happy Birthday!When do you get back? I met your realtors wife at the pool the other day. what a small world. Hope you are having a good day. Ais