Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm getting lazy at this.....

So it's been a couple weeks since my last post. Guess I am just getting lazy but I figure if I get a least a couple posts a month on here I'm doing good. It's been a busy few weeks. As I mentioned in my previous post, my gma Marlene was here for 3 weeks from Virginia. The day she went home my inlaws came out for a week. It's always nice to have family around especially when you don't get to see them very often.
A black tie affair anyone? So my son is going through a phase (I sure hope it's a phase) where he insists on picking out his own clothes everyday. He wants to look just like his dad. He wears a long sleeve dress shirt (never mind it's been in the 90's for 3 weeks), accompanied by his one and only black clip on tie. He then says "my daddy shirt my daddy shirt" and points to the shirt he is wearing. He would prefer to wear pants and dress shoes, but we at least are able to halt that one most of the time with a pair of shorts so he doesn't die of heat exhaustion. Here are a couple pics of his new "look"....it has gotten funnier with time, and most recently he wore a very bright orange and blue stripped dress shirt with his black tie and camo colored shorts. Good times.
This outfit by far took the cake for me. We were getting ready to go run errands and this is what he came out in. Grayson had Lauren's purse, a winter beenie hat and flip flops, while Lauren was trying to decide if she wanted to be J Lo with her jumper or Olivia Newton John and get physical with her head band!!! Love it!
What??? I'm just wearing my momma's glasses and listening to her iPod with my sexy shirt wide open!!!

So we hadn't decided to get Grayson's hair cut, but it was obvious that his hair was getting out of control. We hadn't cut it since his first official hair cut several months ago, and it's was getting really long and stringy in the back. My gma had an appt for her hair to get cut from my hair lady so while we were there (not thinking he would go for this) asked if he wanted a hair cut to. He jumped right up on gma's lap and was great the entire time. I can't believe how much it changed his entire face. He was so good. Sissy of course wanted hers cut (which we are not doing at this time - we want to let it grow) so we faked a few snips here and there and she was happy. Here are some pics of them in the chair on gmas lap and then posing with daddy at his office. All day they both kept rubbing their head saying "wook at my hair wook at my hair". Adorable!


One of the days while gma was here we went to the pool and the park. Here are some pics at the pool and some of them I couldn't resist posting from the swing. Lauren is such a ham!!!

We have been making more of an effort to try and get the kids potty trained. We have been successfull in many attempts but the novelty of it wears off fast and then we end up right back in a diaper. Grayson FINALLY let us put him in his big boy pants and even posed for a photo op. With his new hair cut and new undies, it looks like he just aged a couple years right before my eyes!!!! :( He was very proud of his boxer briefs!
Grayson and Grandpa Morby reading a book.

1 comment:

Eliza Brock said...

It's about time this thing was updated...seriously! :-)