ANDDDD.......on to the best part yet.............at the very bottom of the blog you will see a window with four hotties in it, ok I mean me and my girlfriends. :) This is the song we (Eliza, Aislinn, Michelle and myself) sang to Heath for his 40th Birthday Party on Dec. 1st. My girlfriend Michelle was kind enough to open her beautiful new and very large home to us for this momentous event. The songs we sang to were the Friends theme, Fireman by George Straight and the YMCA. I re-wrote the lyrics, we practiced for weeks, and the end result is what you see. We did have it perfect the day before after our 1,000th run through and of course, totally screwed up right off the bat. Oh well, it was still a riot. Hope you can understand the us. Remember though you will need to pause the music from my songs playlist so that you can hear the video when you press play. You may need to turn up the volume. Enjoy!!
Well Heath left for Atlanta for training on Sat the 5th and that left me flyin solo with the kids all last week! That was a first! I know it is really not thaaaaat big of a deal, but it was our FIRST time apart since we were married. Really, it was. I would be lying if I said I didn't appreciate my husband a million times more now! The kids missed him dearly and the girls and I had to have a slumber party in my bed every night just so we wouldn't get lonely! I was a little on edge the middle of last week as I thought I was going to have to serve jury duty on top of everything else, but someone was on my side as they dismissed our entire jury selection before we even had to show up! It was a loooooong week and we missed daddy so much! When Heath did come home this past Sat night the twins were SO excited! Grayson's little face just lit up and he pointed up the stairs and then just took off! Lauren just yelled DADDY DADDY the entire time. Of course I captured it on video. They melted my heart. I only wish the girls could have been here to. Let me just say that I have a new found appreciation for those wives that have husbands who travel on a regular basis for their job!!! NO WAY!
On another note....Grayson is making improvements with his speech by leaps and bounds! In just the last couple of weeks he has incorporated "mamma, dadda, DON'T, light, sissy and okay" into his vocabulary. It is adorable!!! He just loves his speech therapist,who comes to our home every Tues morning. He takes her straight into the play room and then tells me to "go" - very loudly. We call her his girlfriend. He gets really upset when she has to leave. And of course there isn't anything Lauren won't say. Grayson's therapist is trying to teach him simple sign language and guess who has picked up on it already......Lauren comes to us with both hands together when she wants a book, or puts her little fingers together making the "more" sign. It is precious!
We also decided to attempt the big move to the potty chair this past week. The kids love it but haven't quite grasped the concept of what it's there for. They know to sit on it, flush it, put toilet paper in it, but yet they have never "used it". The chair is hysterical! It plays music, has a fake flusher and fake toilet paper dispenser. Of course I took pics of initial attempt, which you can find in our Snapfish photo album (click the link to the right that says Morby Family Photos). The only thing I am struggling with right now is trying to keep clothes on Grayson. He is going through a naked fase and it's getting old! He wants to be naked ALL the time! And I mean ALL the time. It is a fight to get a diaper on him, let alone clothes. I have given in so many times because I will dress him and 5 seconds later he has taken everything off. Oh well, this to shall pass....I hope.
By the way, even though these pics (below) are in the slideshow, I had to give them there own space in the blog. My sister-in-law took the one of Grayson and I just think it's one of the most precious pics of him ever taken. You would never know he was sitting on his dad's lap at Red Robin eating ice cream. And as for Lauren, I had just fnished making Grayson's new blankie (she is sitting under her new one) and when I said smile for the camera, this is what I got. They just love their new "gankies".
Well that sounds like a pretty good update of what has been going on in our household for a while. Hope all is going well for you all! Untill the next post.............have a great week!

1 comment:
pictures are too cute!
Post a Comment