Sunday, January 20, 2008

Terrible Two's

Well it's been another crazy week but we'll just call it what it is..........all about Grayson! He has officially decided that he is going to become the poster child for the terrible two's! It is his way or no way! Our biggest obstacle right now is getting him to keep his clothes on! First the clothes, then the diaper! Here is a recent pic of what we have resorted to just to keep his diaper on. His other favorite thing to do at the moment is scream, in fact Lauren has started to get in on that action also. We are so over it!




The week started out rather well. Last Monday my friend Eliza and I (she has twins also that are 3), decided to load up and head down to our Colorado Mills Outlet Mall and take part in our bi-annual Children's Place "monster sale". We like to think of ourselves as VIP shoppers there - since we have spent so much they have given us a permanent sticker that entitles us to additional % off our purchases, along with coupons and of course their great additional 50% sale. When it's all said and done the price we pay for our kids clothes is just wrong.....like $2.00 for really nice shirts, pants, skirts, etc. We were also able to hit the additional 50% Old Navy sale last weekend also. I can't ever pass up a deal. It's so great and I get most of the kids clothes for the following year. Our best sale to date at the Children's Place was when they were having an additional off $1.99 and with our coupons......we ended up paying $1.18 an item! So out of control!

Later that day I wasn't feeling very well and just felt like poo the rest of the day. By the next morning I couldn't even walk and felt like a train had just ran across my back! It was horrible. I had to tough it out as my day care girl was here and Grayon's speech therapist. I had Heath take me to the chiropractor and felt a thousand times better afterwards. I got the second degree for the amount of caffeine I was consuming and was told that I probably am having problems with my Adrenal Gland - and drinking large amounts of soda, sugar, etc. is really bad for this as it controls your stress levels and can cause a lot of side effects. I have never had an adjustment like that before. He started me on an herbal supplement that apparently promotes better adrenal gland function, but I had to promise to cut out my soda and cut back on my sugar intake. I haven't had a soda since last Tues and honestly have never felt better. I still have a kink in my neck but can see a huge improvement in just the last several days.

Friday morning a few of my girlfriends and I got together at Michelle's house and made freezer meals! Whoo hoooo! Exciting huh? Ok but really it is. Michelle turned me on to this concept and I am hooked. I may be Martha Stewart of the house but it stopped at the kitchen. I hate cooking and my family suffers the effects from that. Anyway, Michelle is awesome in the kitchen and volunteered to come up with all the recipes, do allllllll the shopping and even host. So last Friday we took over her kitchen and made 14 meals (that are all fully cooked) and then placed them in freezer bags, labeled with prep instructions. You basically just thaw it, and either prepare by stove top or in the oven. It's great! For the 4 of us, her shopping bill was around $380. That broke down to around $93 a person and ruffly $6.50 per meal. How in the world could you ever prepare an entire meal for you family for $6.50? Of course you would add a side salad, bread, etc. But it's awesome, because I don't have to think about what we are going to have for dinner, I just go to the freezer and pull something out! And it's good food because it's all from scratch! Anyway, it was a great experience and I am looking forward to doing it again!

The weekend went by in the blink of an eye! We did take all the kids out Sat night with Eliza's family to a local place here called Bounce. I have posted pics from the night on the Snapfish website. I really wasn't' sure how the twins were going to do, but sure enough they had a blast - although they had no concept of what it means to wait in line and of course we couldn't get through the rest of the evening without at least a handful of temper tantrums from Grayson! Afterwards we all went out to dinner to a new place called Costa Vida - it was great! The girls had a friend sleep over and I think I was passed out by 9:30!!! Here is a pic of Grayson, Lauren, Cody and Alexandra. Be sure to check out the Snapfish link because there are some hysterical ones.




We went to church today to our old building. A couple of weeks ago they realigned our ward boundaries and we were sent back to the building we were originally going to when we moved here 3 years ago. Honestly the building is pretty old, but it's also only 2 minutes down the street from our house! Much nicer that the 15 min one way trip to the Stake Cetner we had previously been making. Anyway, I am only even saying this because only with our change in building came a landmark occasion for Grayson.......he went to Nursery for the FIRST TIME by himself. Lauren has been going since she turned 18 months. Now at 28 months, Grayson has finally decided he can leave his father's side and hang out with his own kind for 2 hours! It was great!!!!! He is talking sooooo much better and really improving in his communication ability. Maybe we have this to thank for his recent defiant phase. ughhhhh

Well that's sounds like it for now. I will leave ya with a couple more cute pics of G & L that I snapped this week. Lauren LOVES her new jeans and boots, and Grayson has recently figured out how to open the fridge! Oh what joy. I walked into the leaving room the other day to see an entire dozen of eggs lined up on my couch!!!! Now that could have been ugly!!

1 comment:

Eliza Brock said...

Oh mercy! That egg business could have been really bad...Congrats on the nursery, thank goodness!