You hear all the time you pick and choose your battles with your kids, well this isn't one I was going to fight. At this point the kids could fall asleep on the kitchen table and I would be okay with it as long as they sleep!!!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Coming out of the closet
Who would have thought?!? So out of the blue last week, Lauren tells us (while trying to put the twins to sleep) that she doesn't want to sleep in her bed. This of course isn't the first time we have heard this before. But the response is usually with her sisters, on the floor, in the family room, etc. Not this time. Lauren wanted to sleep in OUR CLOSET. Huh????? So in an effort to not drag out what couldn't have been a very long battle we opted to give in and let her pass out at the location of her choice and then take her to her bed. This worked the first night. When the next night rolled around, same thing. We let her pass out in the closet and then put her to bed. Except.....this time she worked her way back up to our room at 4am and told me she wanted to be back in the closet!! What the mother? I mean where do kids come up with this stuff? So by the third day, guess what? Yep you got it, Grayson wanted in on the action and decided to take his nap in the closet. By that night we had a full blown slumber party going on in the freakin closet. Here are pics from all the closet fun! Who would have ever though. Beds are overrated apparently. (and yes, you will have to excuse the bra shot....wasn't the first thought in my mind as I took the pic when my kid was setting up shop in the closet and before nights end called it her "new bedroom")





You hear all the time you pick and choose your battles with your kids, well this isn't one I was going to fight. At this point the kids could fall asleep on the kitchen table and I would be okay with it as long as they sleep!!!
You hear all the time you pick and choose your battles with your kids, well this isn't one I was going to fight. At this point the kids could fall asleep on the kitchen table and I would be okay with it as long as they sleep!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is just too cute! I love kids...
I love it! Yeah no kidding as long as they sleep!
Post a Comment