So I hope I spelled karaoke right...at least that's what the spell checker said it should be. Anyway, we had a good, long and very busy weekend as usual. The highlight of course had to be our little Darri and her bastketball game!! This by far was one of the BEST games. Darrian scored 2 points and made us so proud. Her first game basket ever. I had to jump out of my seat when she did it. These girls are a riot and there is no other way to say it. The entire game is intense and hysterical! You are constantly on the edge of your seat and I could watch these girls play all day. Darrian is getting more aggressive with her blocking skills, however she was blocking a girl at least 4 inches taller than her this game. It looked more like she was going to give her a hug everytime she tried to block her. Then let's talk about the precious little girl from the other team who's blocking tenique took the cake!!! We laughed soooo hard when we would witness the "fan". This little girl would get right up in Darrian's face - we're talking like and inch from her nose and take her hands and move them so fast back and forth right in front of Darrian's face you would have thought she was on fire and this girl was trying to cool her off. After a few more "fanning attempts" to block the Darrian, her coach had to tell her to back off a bit. Poor Darri was like what the heck is this girl doing to me. I am still sitting here laughing outloud at my computer thinking about it. It was the funniest thing ever! Anyway, here are a few snap shots from Darrian's big day.....my camera is not good with distance or motion shots - but you'll get the idea.

So the girls have a Karaoke machine in their bedroom. The mic doesn't work anymore but they still love using it anyway. The twins have been spending a little more time in the girls room lately, which was previously off limits. I walked into their room to find Lauren singing into the mic and of course shortly there after Grayson had to have his turn. I have no idea what they were saying but they were definitely singing!!! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. While Grayson was deciding which song he was going to sing next, Lauren wanted to do a little ring aorund the rosie with her sisters.


So our week was pretty good - the girls had Thurs and Friday off because of parent teacher conferences so it was nice that they were around to play with their cousins and spend time with Grammie & Grampie Morby. Last week however Heath's iPod shut down on the way to the gym and we could not get it to come back on for anything. Anyway after calling the Apple store (in Boulder about 45 min from here) I found out that they would exchange it for free since it was w/in the one year warrenty. So I load up 4 kids and drive 45 min, unload in 30 degree weather, hike thru and outdoor mall only to find out that the stinkin thing just needed to be reset! ughhhhhh Don't ya think that would have been the first thing the little Apple tech would have asked me over the phone!!!! Especially knowing I was looking at almost a two hour round trip to go to the stupid store. Anyway, I was at least happy to know that it wasn't broke yet irritated that I had to make the trek to BOULDER to find out! Anyway, it did end up paying off anyway. My doctor's office is in between here and there and I had been putting off going to get my annual blood work done. Back in Dec when they did my cardiology check up the Dr. determined that my heart function had actually decreased by 5 - 10%. Nothing to alarm them but reaffirmed the need for me to stay in my medicine. ughhhhh Each year I hope that I will go in and they will say - Mrs. Morby you are cured - no more meds! Yea no! Not going to happen any time soon apparently. So they need to check my kidney funtion and magnesium levels. Whatever. Anyway, well that is enough for now. Sunday evening and time to go relax. My in-laws spent the evening with us and we had a nice dinner. They will be leaving for Idaho tomorrow.
Until next time........




No comments:
Post a Comment