Thursday, February 7, 2008

Just another week

Well things are going good - nothing too exciting to report. We have been busy as usual but I did take on a new project this week. Last weekend the girls and I went to a friends house for a girls night out and she had decorated her daughters room in the most adorable bedding decor ever! Of cousre I fell in love with it so much I had to run right out to Target and buy it for the Braxton and Darrian. We spent most of the weekend gutting their room and organizing alllllll of the clothes and toys. Alot of work but sure felt good when we were done! Anyway, I made new curtains for their room in black w/white polkadot fabric to match the black poladot ribbon the bedspread (the pic of the valance looks really bad because it's so dark) and then repainted a bunch of knick knacks around their room to tie in with the new color scheme. Here is a pic of their new bedding. What you don't see is a dresser that we moved back into their room from the spare room and I made a cute message board and some other fun stuff for their walls. They did have those cute mesh netting things that went over their beds but they decided that they were just getting in their way. I still plan on making them some cute throw pillows with the fabric I had left over from the curtains.



Heath went to Denver for meeting on Monday but has been home the rest of the week working. It is so nice to have him here but still an adjustment because I'm just use to him being gone everyday. It's great though because if I have to run a quick errand or go pick the girls up from school then I don't have to load up the twins to do it or interupt their nap schedule. Grayson is doing great with his speech therapy. He has added "lella" (which is short for Cinderella) to his vocab, along with "Eka" (short for Erica) and "fiffy" (short for fishy). It's been great watching his development. Grandma Marlene recently sent the kids a little package for Valentines Day and included the new Cinderella II movie. Now all Lauren says is - "momma watch Lella 2" It's adorable!

Darrian had her second basketball game last Saturday. It is such a riot to see these little girls try so hard to make these baskets and block each other. After the first 5 minutes the coach called a timeout and she askes them who wants to be rotated out, ALL THE GIRLS said they wanted out! haaa I thought that was so funny. She said well the entire team can't sit out. But I am proud to say that our little Darrian stayed in for most of the game. We had a couple of minor injuries and of course girls running down court in the wrong direction, but it is still great to watch and awesome for these girls to be participating in! Final score - 20 - 0 (Darrian's team zero!)

Well I will sign off with these pics of the twins eating applesauce the other night. I left the room and came back to this! What was I thinking?!?!?!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics whn the twins are getting into messes! You are such an awesome mom to let them make messes and have a good laugh about it!
love you
lin