Not much of a productive week. Grayson started coughing last Tuesday and by Wednesday he had full blown croup. It was a rough week to say the least. Heath was commuting to Denver and Colorado Springs all week so was pretty much gone all day each day. Grayson had high temps and of course the worst cough that I have EVER heard. He sounded like a barking seal! This would in turn cause him to throw up every time he hit a coughing spell so that was fun to clean up every hour. The motrin would perk him up for a few hours but then he would poop out again pretty hard. By Thurs afternoon I new it was time for a doctor's visit. They gave me a prescription for two doses of steroids (the first of which he spit out most of). We definitely saw him starting to turn around by Friday afternoon however this is when the whining set it and hasn't ended since. ughhhh It is so hard when kids are sick. He slept with Heath and I all week which means of course we got NO sleep. So we eventually new that Lauren was next in line and sure enough by Saturday afternoon her temp had spiked and now she to is coughing and battling the same symptoms. It just sucks to see your kids sick. At one point last night we had both of them in bed with us - not fun. My night stand looked like a hospital room with humidifiers, medicine, vicks, sippy cups, etc. We opted out of church and all of Heath's meetings today and just relaxed, and now Heath is not feeling to hot. Braxton called from her mom's to say that she has been throwing up and has a fever as well. Man when this stuff goes around it really travels fast! I guess I would rather get it over with now then drag on for weeks. All I know is I pray that I don't get hit with it or this house will turn upside down! :) One funny thing that Grayson has done this week is introduce to us his new desire for showers. He wants to take one every morning and night! He calls them "shi shoies" - yea not sure where he got that from. Anyway, he comes up to us as soon as he wakes up in the morning and every evening and then walks us over to the gate to go down to the bathroom and said - momma shi shoies shi shoies - it's cute, but getting old. And he doesn't exactly take short showers! It's hysterical!
Heath was able to go to Darrian's basketball game Saturday and reported that for the first time they won (8 to 4) and Darri scored 2 points!!! yeahhhh! Braxton bowled in a little tournament later that day and did very well as well. The girls both love to bowl! We haven't been with them in ages, but plan on going again soon.
Last Friday Grayson's speech therapist was over and we were all sitting on the playroom floor. We were trying to go over a few basic words with Grayson wich happen to be number. Well Lauren about blew us all out of the water when she started to count! She had poured her cookie crisp cereal out of the bowl and was picking each one up putting it back in the bowl and counting - oneeeee, twoooooo, threeeee....well by the time she got to 5 I about fell over and thought - oh my word my baby just counted to 5!!!! Well she didn't stop there - the little stinker went all the way to flippin 10!!!!! I said 10!!!! I thought I was going to have a heartattack, had to run grab Heath, the video camera and of course catch all this on tape! Well sure enough she did it again - and again - and again! Let me just say....way to go Blues Clues! We work with the kids on their basic words read to them alot, etc but have never thought to start counting with them! We were so excited!!!
Well I will sign off with a huge Thank You to Gail Glenn and one anonymous person out there. Last wednesday night we had our doorbell rang and when we opened it there was a box with dinner for our family in it along with two heart balloons and note that says "somebody loves you". I had only talked to a couple of people that day who knew that we were having a rough time with Grayson being sick - so I have my suspicions as to who it could be - but nevertheless it was so nice to have someone think of us and go out of their way to make sure my family had a nice dinner that evening. Then as if that wasn't nice enough......there is the wonderful and totally awesome Gail Glenn . She and I are Activity Day leaders together - and I am a much better person for just knowing her!!!! Well she brought our family dinner on Saturday night. And can I just say in both cases Heath had JUST SAID so what are we having for dinner tonight.......and NO JOKE with in a minute both times - the doorbell rang with our food! We have great friends here and feel so fortunate to know that people care about us! Thanks again!!!!
1 comment:
so sorry to hear your crew is sick... :( sending you all some love!!
~lindy
Post a Comment