Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm going back to Cali......

I am so excited....I am going to Sacramento next month! I have been thinking about going for a long time but it just seems there is never a good time to leave home. And since of course it is a 4 day round trip drive you always want to make the stay worth your while. We have a crazy month ahead of us and quite a few church obligations through the beginning of March......but then after that I have made myself clear for take off! Heath will drive me and the twins out over Easter weekend and then he will fly back. He has been so busy with his new job that a couple weeks to himeself with the girls will probably do him some good. He is also going back to Atlanta for training for the beginning of April. So needless to say I will be setting up shop for a while at the grandparents house! I can't wait to see them!!!! I love living here but miss the frick out of my grandparents. It will be good for the twins to be able to play with their cousins also and spend some time with our CA family. My grandma Marlene may be flying out to Sac while we are there as well. Should be good times!

So it's been a long weekend. Seems like we had a thousand committments. Darrian had another basketball game Saturday. I am very proud to annouce that they actually scored this game. For some reason every single girl on the other team just towered over our girls. They had some tall girls! Anyway, Darrian was the most aggressive that I have ever seen her, but I will still never understand why she dribbles with both hands (she is right handed). Here is a cute pic of her after the game. Final score 25 to 8 (Darrian's team 8). Here is pic of the twins at the game. They typically set up shop on the bleachers with their note pads. Maybe their trying to keep score, who knows. :)


So I went ahead and decided to buy sissy some big girl underwear with "My Little Pony" on them - or her "woes woes" as she calls them. She is far from potty training but I thought we would kick start the process a bit. I put them on here Sat night and the first thing she did was say "mommy pee pee" - well wouldn't ya know it....after about 10 minutes of playing on the potty chair......she actually went! I was so stinkin excited. I also bought buddy a pair of boxer briefs (adorable) and he wanted nothing to do with them. Baby steps I guess. Here is sissy modeling her new undies.

Grayson is still running the show. We made waffles for breakfeast the other morning and he insisted on having his own knife and "big people" fork. It is so cute to see him want to try these things on his own and so frustrating at the same time because he is so head strong and of course ends up making a huge mess. It's his way or no way!



And as for this morning.....well Grayson is going through yet another phase. For the last couple of weeks we have been lucky to keep socks on him let alone clothes. So we thought if we let him start to pick out his own clothes in the morning (with some gentle persuasion on our part so he doesn't look like a total clown) then at least he will get dressed. Well today we found out that this may not be the route to go afterall. He picked out ALL his clothes (down to the shoes and socks) and this is what he came up with. Let's start first with the shirt that is on backwards......the camo pants that are size 18 months and 3 inches too short and the church sweater. Then we had to top it all off with the blue socks and the black penny loafers for church. He was so proud of himself. Here are some snapshots.


No comments: