Friday, April 11, 2008

Trampoline "Air"obics Anyone?

So my friend Keely told me about this new place here in Sac that is an indoor trampoline arena. I so could not get the visual on this and had to experience it for myself. So last night John, his roommate Loren, Keely and I headed off to Sky High Sports (check out there website by clicking here). They offer a variety of activities such as "air"obics, open jump, dodgeball for kids, and children's birthday parties. The place is amazing. I only wish they had one in Colorado. They currently only have two locations in CA. The trampolines are these giant tramps all connected together to make one massive tramp that everyone can move around on. And let me just say, for anyone that thinks jumping on a tramp is easy and just fun.....do it for 45 min and you will think otherwise. I never realized how much of a workout in can be. I don't think there wasn't a muscle in my body that wasn't completely worked out! And of course your coordination is key. I think we all bit it pretty hard (except Loren) at least once, and when that happens you are laughing so hard it's difficult to regain your composure and get going again. We all made a couple trips to the bathroom laughing at each other so much! Anyway, here are a few pics from our trampoline work out!
John and Loren warming up!
Loren and myself doing a couple of cheer leading jumps!
One of the exercises was jumping from square to square all the way down this thing and back several times. You could even TRY to bounce off the back wall for more air. Yea, not so much. Here we are on our way back from our square trek. Nice form Keely!
Just one of John's many falls - although I wasn't able to get a shot of the best one where he actually rolled head over heals. Good times!
We survived!

1 comment:

Mel Sims said...

Ooooooh, let's open one in Colorado!!! =]

Glad you are having so much fun, but we miss you!!

Mel