Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ice Cream & Cute Pics

Monday night Eliza has a fundraiser at our local Baskin Robbins. A friend of ours is neighbors with the owners and they said that we could scoop ice cream for customers from 5-9pm and he would get a portion of the earnings from that time frame for Eliza's Relay for Life Team, which ultimately goes to the American Cancer Society. So Eliza sent out a lot of emails and we did a big push to get as much traffic in that evening as possible. We had a great time and scooped a ton of ice cream. Here are a few pics from the evening. (Remeber you can always check out Eliza's blog and her progress by clicking on her link located on the right side bar).

Here we are on our way out to the corner.....yes we stood in the freezing cold to try and bring in business. Colorado weather is crazy! It was beautiful the day before and this night was a total wind storm.

Here is a our sweet Kaylie helping out - freezing her tush off in front of the grocery store. Thank you so much Kaylie!

Just gettin our scoop on.

The gang! (Eliza, me, Annette & Wendy)

So we have been having a hard time still getting the twins to go down for their naps. We have some days that are better than others but for the most part it's a constant struggle. Their room is in the basement so all I do is run up and down stairs all day. Yesterday I went down to check on them as they had been quiet for some time, only to find that Grayson had managed to pull down every article of his clothing from the closet rod. ughhh Well at least thank goodness for our gates. We lock them and at least know where they are. Yesterday however I forgot to lock the gate at the base of the stairs. Grayson walked up the stairs to find the upper gate locked. After a while of trying to get our attention, he finally gave up. I assumed he went back downstairs to bed. Yea not the case. He decided he wasn't going anywhere but to sleep - on the top step!!! I think this has to be one of the cutest pictures I have ever taken of my kids! (and yes he is still naked with duck tape on his diaper)



On another note, Heath and I have started taking piano lessons. I played from the age of 8 - 16 and Heath played for 3 years as a kid. We are excited to try and re-develop this talent but practicing around the kids isn't exactly easy. So I was booted of the bench so that Lauren could show us her technique.
I recently got the twins helmets and Lauren just fell in love with hers. She picked out the pink one of course. You can't see much of the color although I had to post the pic since she was so excited to have it. She wore it all the way through Target when we were buying them and kept it on for at least 2 hours the next day when were riding tricycles in the garage. Grayson likes his but wasn't in the mood for a photo op that day.

No comments: