Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wow - It's been a while!

So I just realized that I haven't posted on here for quite a while. It's been a very busy past couple of weeks. We have had 80+ degree weather one day and tornado's the next. Crazy Colorado!

Last Thursday we had a pretty bad storm come thru northern Colorado which subsequently turned into a mile long tornado. I had been out that morning taking Darrian to the doctors and when we got back into Loveland, the hail started and was totally out of control. I dropped her off and got back home to get the twins lunch and ready for nap. Over the course of the next hour there were several alerts come across the tv. I ignored most until I noticed that the cells were just over the city next to us coming our directions I then learned that the girls school had gone on lock down and thought, oh frick....what do I do next. I would have been fine in my own basement but thought, this would be a good time for the buddy system. So I grabbed the kids from their naps and flew over Eliza's where we spent the majority of the afternoon in her basement bathroom with the kids. Heath was in Denver and her husband in Boulder. The worst damage was to the city of Windsor about 20 minutes from our home. I have never seen the sky so black before. What a yucky feeling. We had planned to go camping with Eliza's family this past weekend for Memorial Day but opted out with the crazy weather and lack of preparation. Stupid tornado!

Anyway, we had a nice night on Friday just watching movies with the kids. Saturday was great, we went to breakfast and then was off to a baby shower. The girls had a farewell party to attend and we wrapped up the afternoon by taking the kids to the pool. The weather was only around 70 but the water for some reason was very nice. The rest of the evening was spent cleaning the garage and bbq'ing hamburgers while the kids decided to turn our drive way into a water park. Here are some cute pics of the kids that evening.


Since we decided to not go camping, the girls talked Heath into putting our our new tent for a trial run in the backyard. He agreed and this is where we spent our Sunday night. Now this is camping, Morby Style! :)



Monday morning Heath went out to Windsor at 8am to meet a bunch of the men from our Stake to help do clean up around the lake. The weather wasn't the best and it's actually been raining here off and on for the last several days. They worked around the lake to pull a lot of the building debris out of the water and clean up the shore area. We had driven out there the night of the tornado to see the devastation and it was so sad. Huge 100 year old oak trees just ripped out of the ground, laying on cars, streets, houses. Buildings looked like trains had been driven through them. So sad. It was great that he had the opportunity to help out. When he came home we were able to go to lunch and spend the day together. Ran a few errands and then stayed in for the evening. The twins were exhausted from no naps over the weekend and getting up early.

Here is a pic of Lauren asleep in her chair. Please ignore the nasty stains on the chair....they had just had choc chip granola bars and you see where the chocolate ended up.


Last night after dinner I couldn't find Grayson and decided to look in the garage, which has become his new hangout. He apparently was hungrier than I thought and had taken cooked, but very cold and hard hamburgers out of the fridge along with the left over rice that was sitting on the counter and make himself a little dinner party out in the garage.
I have also posted the rest of the photos from the last week on our Snapfish website. Click on the link on the right side of the page to view.

No comments: