Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Big Day

Well Tuesday (8/27) was the first day of preschool for the twins and the day Grayson got his cast off. They were very excited to go to school and of course I was a wreck. I thought I was doing really well until I turned to walk away and headed back up the stairs from the basement where the preschool is located. Grayson never cried, although he was a little upset for a short time and of cousre Lauren could care less that we were leaving. They were very excited to wear their "packcats". Here are some pics of that morning.





After school we headed straight to the doctor where Grayson was going to get his cast off. Everyone said that kids usually freak from how loud the saw is to cut through the cast. I was very surprised as neither of the kids, especially Grayson even flinched when it was on. They made them wear headphones because of the sound. Grayson did great. After it was off we had more ex rays and found that all has healed just as it should. It took him a little while to get use to it being off and his arm was a little weak, but he was right back into the swing of things in no time. Later that evening when Heath came home, Lauren ran right up to him and said "buddy's cast is all gone" Grayson then said, "my owie all d" (all d = all done). He was the perfect patient. Now let's just hope we don't have to go through this again any time soon.


No comments: