Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer's almost over!

We have a busy week always with lots going on. Last Tuesday evening we went to the twins preschool orientation night. They will be going on Tues and Thurs mornings to a ladies home who has done daycare out of her basement for many years. She is LDS and all or most of her other students are as well. The kids had a great time playing in her backyard and hopefully that same enthusiasm will remain tomorrow morning at 8:30am when we are dropping them off for their first day. I on the other hand will be sitting in the van around the corner, crying my eyes out like a baby! I had NO idea how emotional this whole process was going to be for me. Lauren can't wait to go to "scoo" and as much as I can't wait to have those 3 hours to myself, but I already miss them.

Wednesday night we had our annual twins club picnic which was a lot of fun. Our numbers are growing and it's always nice to meet new people who you atomically have something in common with and lots of stories to share because you have twins! Thursday I took the girls to their schools meet and greet and ice cream social. They get to meet their new teachers and unload their school supplies so they are familiar with everything on the first day of school. Afterwards we met up with Heath and his co-worker Matt and his family for a fabulous Red Robin dinner. The Morby's LOOOOOOOOVE Red Robin. Thank goodness the rest of our weekend was relatively calm. Saturday we did go to Eliza's for Cody and Alex's 4th bday party. The kids played in the park across the street and then did cupcakes and presents back at her home. The kids LOVE Cody Alex (or CogyAlex as Lauren calls them - all one word). We have even heard them name slipped into the twins evening prayers recently. Too cute!

After church Heath wanted to give all the kids fathers blessings before school started this week. He pulled out a chair and Grayson was the first to crawl up for daddy to "bess his head". Once again the tears flowed. Lauren wouldn't shut up throughout all the prayers but when it came to hers, she was a sweet as pie.

Here is a cute pic of daddy and his sweeties Sunday after church.

Here is what I found Grayson doing in the play room Sunday evening with his sisters barbies. Apparently he was looking for something and had to destroy everything in order to find it. ughhhhh The messes never end!

While Heath was mowing the lawn, Grayson decided to take a spin on his truck with his cast. I think he did pretty good, he seemed to be loving it. Although I did notice that his helmet no longer fits his melon. Check out the way it's barely resting on top of his head!


And then there's Lauren with the perfect nice snug fit, just how it should be.

So we got in the car the other day and as usual I went to start the twins movie right away. Lauren was yelping something from the back seat of which I could not make out. She was actually telling me no "moomie (= movie) I want song". Huh?? Well the girls and I love Natasha Bedingfield and her song Pocketfull of Sunshine. We have listened to it so much apparently the twins have picked up on it now and are OBSESSED with it. That's all they want to listen to in the car now, forget the movies. We even had to bring the cd into their bedroom so they could dance to it before bed Saturday night. I love this song just as much as the next person, but after 9 times in one day, it can start to get old to anyone. ughhhh I can't wait for them to start dance next week. I really think they will love it and enjoy showing off their moves - because trust me, they have some!


Punky helping mommy make waffles!!! She loooooves to help!

Here are the ceramic items the girls made after Darrian's bday party last weekend. I thought they turned out soooo cute! Each of them did their first initial and I did a trinket box thingy. I am going to add ribbon to the initials so that they can hang them on their walls. We are for sure going back!

No comments: