Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Big Day

Wed. (9/3/08) Grayson started his therapy based preschool. He will attend this preschool on Mon and Wed mornings while Lauren hangs with mom. I of course was already a basket case on the way there and new it wasn't going to be a pleasant drop off. He was attached to Heath's leg, no surprise but Heath being the much stronger one, took Lauren and left the room while I stayed to try and console him. I finally had to just leave him and new he would eventually be fine. When we got back in the van Lauren was very upset and kept saying she wanted buddy. Yes that didn't help out the tear flowage any either. She was in a bit of a mood for the next hour or so until I was able to bribe her with M&M's. 3 hours later I was able to get there a little early and watch him playing outside with his classmates. He was having a blast. Watching him run from one play toy to the next is a riot. He runs as fast as he can while swinging both arms as high as they can possibly go. I could have sat and just watched him play for hours. He was so happy. Here are some pics from that morning.







That same evening the twins and Darrian started dance class. Grayson & Lauren are taking a combo tap/ballet class while Darrian takes a tap class at the same time. Words can no even express how excited Lauren was. It was all she talked about that day and when we got there, there wasn't a second of hesitation. She took right off into her class and had a blast! Grayson, not so much. He wouldn't leave Heath's side most of the time and we could barely get him to get his shoes on. He would make an appearance periodically in the room, run a lap around the other kids and then bolt back out the door to see us. ughhhh We will stick this out through the month and see how it goes with him but I reallllly hope he likes it. The kids LOVE to dance around the house, I know he would really enjoy this if he just gave it a chance. Darrian also loved her class. They worked on a lot of basic tap techniques and then did some moves to music. I took a lot of video of both of their classes. It will be fun to watch it back.


Once class was over, Lauren was TICKED. She did NOT want to stop dancing and made her attitude known. This is her having a moment against the wall.

That night the kids were exhausted. Grayson has been showing up on the floor of our bedroom the last several mornings and even more recently has decided that sleeping on the family room floor, just outside of his bedroom, was more comfortable than his bed. Go figure. Here he is asleep on the floor. He had asked for this ball right before he fell asleep. Guess it is more comfy than a pillow.



These are a couple of cute pics I had from the past weekend I had to post. Grayson had to pick out his own outfit (down to the socks and tie) for church. You can't really notice the tie, but it's there. Adorable!!! This more than warranted a photo op with daddy.

The day before we had been preparing our 72 hour kit list for the packs we were making. Here is Lauren taking her own notes with my sunglasses on. She thinks she is quite the diva for sure!

Look mommy, I did my own hair.


And last, here is pic of Grayson's speech therapist Hailey. He was able to have Hailey come into our home once a week for the last 9 months to work on his speech development with him. Now that he is going to be 3 and going to preschool through the district, we had to say goodbye to our wonderful Hailey. The twins were in a mood this morning but they did love her dearly. Lauren would even say "hey the lady is here" when she would arrive. Grayson was always waiting to greet her and open the door for her. We really looked forward to her visits.

No comments: